Moulton School admits students into the sixth form both from MSSC itself (internal applicants) and from other schools (external applicants). The admissions criteria are the same for both categories of applicant.
- A minimum of three GCSEs at grade B and three GCSEs at grade C (maximum of one vocational award) is required to study three level 3 courses.
- A minimum of six GCSEs at grade A (maximum of one vocational award) is required to study four level 3 courses.
- A grade C is required in both English and Maths GCSE.
- Individual subject minimum grades must be met.
A clear agreement is sought that students will commit themselves to the expectations required of a sixth form student in terms of their work, behaviour, attendance and dress.
- In January, the school holds a Sixth Form Open Evening. Parents and students are strongly encouraged to discuss prospective courses with subject staff.
- During the Spring Term, all internal candidates considering applications to Moulton Sixth Form have an interview with the Head or Deputy Head of Sixth Form to discuss their application and their A-level subject choices.
- Students complete an application form during the Spring Term of Year 11, indicating their preferred subjects. They should seek advice from subject staff on their suitability for A level study.
- In August, students confirm the courses they wish to take through a brief enrollment meeting with the Head or Deputy Head of Sixth Form.
Moving From Another School
Even at sixteen, moving schools can feel like a daunting prospect and it is natural for prospective external candidates to be apprehensive. However, each year Moulton Sixth Form enrolls up to a maximum of forty students that completed their GCSE's at other institutions and each one quickly becomes immersed in Moulton Sixth Form life.
Below are the stories of just some of the students that made the move to Moulton Sixth Form and flourished.